Take Advantage Of These Top Loyalty Program Trends in 2019
There is no better time than now to take advantage of the ever so fruitful loyalty program arena. The last five years have been huge in evolution and trendsetting for the loyalty program market. We’ve looked at what’s coming down the pipeline in 2019 and have complied a list of the key trends to keep on eye on in 2019:
• Incentives With Co-Branded Credit Cards – Co-branded credit cards continue to dominate the loyalty market in 2019.
The incentives they offer are growing in number and quality year after year, so we recommend looking for a co-branded travel card that involve a zero to small annual fee, resonates with your travel goals, earns you more for your travel related purchases and gets you maximum rewards for your loyalty program purchases.
• Welcome Bonuses – Loyalty Travel Clubs are offering sign-up bonuses and limited-time spending offers for your travel purchases. It’s best to look for a loyalty travel club that offers a welcome bonus that also helps you achieve your other travel goals. Usually, limited-time spending offers come right after you apply, so keep an eye out for that.
• Hotel Upgrades – Hotel upgrades are the most dynamic thing offered right now. For a significant amount of value on specialty properties, you can get upgrades in the form of a complimentary stay, breakfast, free parking, spa services or redeemable points to be used on your next stay.
• Airline Miles –This is the year to re-evaluate your mileage plan program and expand your redeemable miles by joining a loyalty club, especially for those traveling professionally. The benefits in this year’s mile redemption program include: seat upgrades, free meals, airport executive lounge access, free flights, car rentals and more.
• Referrals – Incentivized referrals benefit customers for simply spreading the word through referral links personally with their friends and family. Even though this trend has been around since social media first really started taking off (no pun intended) it is still one of the easiest ways to earn extra benefits and boost your point balance.
• Reward Tiers –Reward tiers are gaining popularity among loyalty program members and are preferred by most loyalty clubs. Members can take advantage of the loyalty club’s VIP tiered offerings based on some hidden perks that reward members every time they hit the next reward tier.
With loyalty programs becoming more complex and abundant, the best you can do is to be smart about maximizing your earnings without using too much of your own money and resources in 2019.