How to win customers and drive growth in the age of assistance
Today’s hyperconnected customers are glued to their devices. The need for constant connectivity is bringing some major cultural shifts along the way. Customers now expect to get what they want and brands who can offer the best assistance will certainly win.
As a marketer, you need sound technology and tools to correctly predict customer behavior amid rapidly changing expectations. Furthermore, doing so will enable brands to boost brand recognition and growth by delivering value. A recent survey taken by Bain & Company in partnership with Google sheds light on how brands use technology and audience insights to drive growth. (Source) The top 20% of marketing leaders in the study are gaining a competitive edge because they are 1.6x more likely to prioritize integrating assistance and advanced technology to assist customers in near real-time.
If you want to win customers and unlock growth with intent to building an engine that predicts customer behavior throughout their journey, then incorporate these key marketing strategies –
- Automate using machine learning – Digital technology is a gift to build lasting relationships with customers and achieve marketing goals. Customers are increasingly connected, informed and empowered as they use technology to find their product or service of interest. Their shopping behaviors are reshaping customer journeys and paths every day. Machines and tools can see and identify these patterns to build customer profiles. By coupling customer data with their intent signals, brands can deliver on their needs more efficiently across all touchpoints.
- Leverage customer insights – Data-driven marketing can help you reach out to the right customer and act when the time is right. In a 2017 study by Google, 33% of marketers agree that engaging with the right customer is the key to reaching their marketing goals in the next three years. (Source) Brands can build an effective data strategy and leverage insights to respond to customer’s needs in a personalized way. Gather necessary data points and learn how to deliver more relevant marketing by optimizing ad trends and purchase patterns.
- Make the mobile experience a priority – Customers expect immediate and relevant experiences on mobile. About 46% of customers prefer using their smartphones to complete the entire process from researching to buying a product or service, according to a survey by Google. (Source) They often abandon their shopping carts due to the poor checkout process. So, it is important for brands to provide seamless mobile experiences. About 61% of customers expect personalized experiences while shopping. (Source) Brands need to redefine the conversion path and offer personalized recommendations on the basis of their past interactions.
- Take control and gain visibility – By connecting analytics with advertising strategies, brands can see what part of the strategy is working to improve performances. Therefore, every online and offline interaction should put customers at the core of everything. Better marketing leads to new customers and continued growth while giving customers experiences they deserve.
- Drive purchase decisions – in this age of assistance, customers want to make informed decisions and expect the highest value on their returns. Brands need technology to offer real-time assistance to positively influence purchase decisions and make winning connections right on time.
The ability to understand customer expectations and tap into their real intent can be a game-changer for travel marketers. Thus, the ‘customer-first’ approach keeps people engaged, driving loyalty and outcomes that grow your business.